Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to register for the test?
The testing fee is $300.
For retakes the fee is $150.
- What forms of payment are accepted for the test?
Test fees may be paid online using paypal. If you prefer to mail your test fee payment, only money oders or certified checks are accepted. For retakes, payment should only be submitted with a paper test application to the address indicated. The application provides additional details.
- What identification is required to be admitted for testing?
You must bring one valid form of identification. The ID must be government-issued and have a clear photo and your signature. Acceptable ID includes:
- State-issued driver’s license or identification card
- United States military ID with visible signature
- U.S. Government-issued passport
- What should I bring with me to the test site?
- Proper ID (see question #3)
- Several sharpened #2 pencils
- Your admission letter
- What items are prohibited in the test room?
- cell phones, or any other electronic device
- books or notes of any kind
- food or drinks, including water
- Are walk-ins permitted?
Walk-ins are not permitted. Applications must be received by the test date deadline.
- How many questions are on the test?
There are 100 questions on the test. Seventy-five(75) of the questions are multiple choice with the remaining 25 questions being fill-in-the-blank.
- How long is the test?
The actual testing time is 2 hours. Please allow an additional 30 minutes for administration preparations, such as admitting and seating examinees and distributing test materials.
- Is there a break scheduled during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks during the test period.
- When will score reports be mailed?
Score reports will be mailed within three weeks of the test.
- May the test be retaken?
Yes, candidates may reapply by submitting a new registration application and payment. However, you may not retake the test sooner than 31 days of your last testing (See question #1)
- Is additional time allowed for retesting?
No, all tests are 2 hours.
- How do I reschedule a missed test?
Reschedule requests will be considered upon review of medical documentation.
- Will my score be posted online with my name?
No, only the names of those who passed will be posted persuant to the acknowledgement on the registration application.
- What score do I need to achieve in order to pass the test?
Florida Statutes set the passing score at 75%.
For additional information, contact the TMRI Testing Office at (352) 835-7883.